Plant Healthcare: It’s Important
It’s no secret that your doctor wants you to come in for a check-up every year. No matter how healthy you feel, it’s still a good idea to get your vitals checked and make sure everything looks good. The reason? It’s always easier to address any potential health issues if you catch them early.
It’s the same way with plants.
The idea of plant healthcare is focused on proactively caring for your trees and landscaping to keep them healthy—rather than reactively trying to recover from diseases or pests that have already taken their toll.
Plant Healthcare for Nashville Landscaping
For some aspects of plant healthcare, you’re probably best off bringing in a Nashville landscaping company or arborist—but a lot of it you can do yourself. Here are a few steps you can take to keep your trees and plants healthy:
- Fertilize: Think of this as vitamins for your trees and plants. By strengthening them with good fertilizer, they’ll be better able to fend off any potential threats.
- Hydrate: It’s easy to notice how rain (or the lack thereof) can impact your grass, but homeowners often overlook the effect of drought on trees and shrubs.
- Check branches: Take a walk around your lawn and inspect your trees. Keep an eye out for cracks where branches attach to the tree, and for fungus or missing bark on the branches.
- Check roots: Is the ground cracked or raised on one side of a tree? That may mean it’s starting to lean. Fungus or mushrooms growing on large roots or near the tree can be a sign of decay.
- Check leaves: Are the leaves wilting during a season when they should be thriving? It might just mean the tree is getting thirsty. You should also keep an eye out for any signs of disease or insect damage.
As with any type of healthcare, sometimes you need a specialist to diagnose and treat the underlying issue. If you have questions or concerns about the health of your landscaping, you can always trust the experts at the Greathouse Company to provide the answers and service you need!
Enhance your landscaping today!
Contact Greathouse today to see how our Nashville landscaping services can improve your property.
Request a Consultation