Spring Landscape Planning Starts Now
With frost covering the ground, trees, and plants, it’s likely that you aren’t thinking about lush spring colors and landscapes. However, now is the time to begin planning what your lawn will look like once the weather warms. Here are some things to get you started:
1. Assess your current landscaping. Ultimately a landscape designer can help you with this, but it is always good to do a little of your own research. Consider the following:
- How much space do you have to work with?
- How does the sunlight hit your space?
- What successes and failures have you had with plant life in the past?
- Are you in an area that will require a fence to block out wildlife?
- Will certain plants thrive in your yard?
- Are there roadblocks in your current landscaping that will make it harder to make your project come to life?
2. Set a realistic budget. While this isn’t the most fun step, it will guide you through the whole process of transforming your lawn. Base this budget off what you can afford, and what you want to see in the future of your lawn.
3. Dream. Think about how you currently use your outdoor space and how you want to use your space in the future. Some important questions to ask:
- Who will be using the yard? (You, your friends, kids, pets?)
- What will you be using the yard for? (Entertaining, leisure, just to look at?)
- How much are you willing to invest for upkeep?
Now is a good time to start thinking about your spring landscaping. Winter are slow months for landscaping businesses, so take advantage of the downtime and begin planning your dream lawn. Contact us to get started!
Enhance your landscaping today!
Contact Greathouse today to see how our Nashville landscaping services can improve your property.
Request a Consultation